Saturday, March 29, 2014
My Super Cutesy Heart Top
I made another version of Simplicity 1693! This time I made View C. The first time I made a floral, sleeveless View F.
Last time, I felt like I needed a very slight FBA with this pattern. So this time, I cut the size 10 and added a 3/8" FBA (3/4" total). This helped add a little ease at the bust and balance the hem so it didn't hike up in the front. I'm noticing hiking in some of the things I've been making. Damn my boobs!
So I'm really stoked with the top.....with the exception of a few things. I spent a long time lining up the hearts at CB and I missed it by 1/8." That pissed me off. It just shifted when I was cutting. The other thing that is sad is the fabric itself. I bought it at the swapmeet for $1.50yd. It's a really nice stretch poly crepe. Sadly, there are spots on my fabric. The black bled out into the white leaving weird, grey blotches. I didn't notice until I was pressing during construction. Everyone who has seen the top said they didn't notice until I pointed them out. I'm still going to wear it anyways and hopefully over time, the black will completely bleed into white creating a nice light grey. Hahaha.
I bound the neckline with packaged bias tape and overlocked the seams.
The bottom hem and sleeve hems are narrow hemmed. I'm very proud of the hems actually. They turned out very nice.
Well that's it. See my full review at PatternReview.
More pics below. Oh, and the Boyfriend and I made the sewing pattern flower. We made a bunch when we started watching Homeland a few months ago. We never got into the show, but we have a bunch of flowers decorating our apartment. Win!