Monday, February 10, 2014

Nifty Flea Market / Yard Sale Finds

Look at this cool sh*t!


I go the numerous antique flea markets / swapmeets a couple times a month.  Sometimes I find really cheap vintage patterns, awesome notions, and on rare occasions I get fabric.  Then there are those times you find really cool things.  Like these brass duck pattern weights!

Well, the original purpose was place holders on a dinner table, but they are super heavy and a great size to fit in the corners of pattern pieces.  I use these in combination with metal washers I bought at the hardware store.

The ducks are my new favorite...and if I ever have a big Duck Dynasty themed dinner party, I have the perfect addition to the table.


(The fabric was made into a blouse for myself.  To be blogged about later when I get around to taking photos.)

1 comment:

  1. They are pretty cool! Your fabric is equally attractive. Can't wait to see your blouse.

    ReplyDelete