Monday, June 17, 2013

Teaching the Boyfriend to Sew: Constellation Dinosaurs!

The Boyfriend has been interested in my sewing as of late and wanted to work on a project with me.  When I was in school he was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and helped label my pattern pieces, trace off my markers, cut out the pieces and iron fabric.  He even seam ripped once or twice because I didn't have time.  He saved me hours of work and never complained.

I asked him back in December I think if he wanted to make himself a pair of pajama pants.  He did and we worked on them together.  He chose the fabric.  Constellation dinosaurs!

The Boyfriend laid out the pattern, helped cut it out (we did it together to save time), pinned and sewed the pjs.  I showed him how to pin a little bit on one side and then he would do the other side.  I sewed a bit, and then he finished.  Honestly, he made the pjs almost entirely by himself.  He even serged all his seam allowances. I stitched the elastic ends together and I also hemmed the legs.  That's it.

I think he did a great job!

These pictures were taken after many, many wears and washes.  They shrunk a little, even though I pre-shrunk the fabric in hot water.




Our next project together will probably be a baby quilt for my sister's baby.  She's due in October.  We have a little time to work on it. :)

Thanks to my newest Follower:  Kayleigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment