Sunday, June 30, 2013

Just What I Needed...Floral Tank: Simplicity 1693


I needed an quick project.  An easy one to cleanse my palate of the Boyfriend's shirt.  I went through my patterns and chose Simplicity 1693.  Then I went through my stash and found a rayon challis strike-off I got at the swapmeet.  I got 2 yards for $2.  Woohoo!  I originally thought I would make a dress using this fabric, but never paired it with the right pattern.

I chose view F.  I used french seams throughout and made my own self bias binding to finish the neckline and the armholes.  Without the collar, the top was sort of boring.  I decided to make spaghetti like I did for one of my first projects in school.   The spaghetti straps could have been stuffed a little more, but I think they are alright.  I hand-sewed the spaghetti straps in a swirly pattern and added pearl buttons.  Here is a close-up of the neckline:



 The instructions had you make a button loop with thread.  Mine's slightly too big for the button so it slips off the button sometimes.  And the close-up of the back:


If I make this view again, I might try the collar and I would shorten the back a little.  It is quite long on little ol' me.  I definitely want to try the other views.





Thanks to my newest followers!  190!  Woohoo!

Cat
Susan Partlan

Giveaway next time :)


Follow on Bloglovin


4 comments:

  1. Oh that's adorable - love that neckline detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! I love your top, it's very pretty and summery. You did a nice work on the neckline :-)

    ReplyDelete