Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The "Everyone and Their Mother Dress," Part II


Last Christmas I made my mom a black double knit dress using Vogue 1250 and she requested another one a while ago.  I definitely owed her a present.  Months ago we went to Michael Levine's to find a suitable knit and she fell in love with the sea shell fabric.  It has the loveliest hand and drape.   We weren't quite sure what pattern to use and settled on another V1250.  It worked out great because my mom had been wanting a summery version of the dress.

The dress sewed up very quickly with no major problems. My Brother NX250 hates sewing stretchy knits, so the tucks and the neck binding were a challenge.  I constructed almost the entire dress on the serger and used a double needle for the hems.  

I think my mom likes the dress.



There was a little more than a yard left over and I made myself something too.  Photos to come!

8 comments:

  1. She looks happy, great summery dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Mum!!! And yes, we do owe our Mums a dress or two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I owed a bday present. Or a mother's day present. Not sure.... :)

      Delete
  3. Sp lovely it drapes at the bneck, nice shells and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern. Such a universal winner! I can't imagine my daughters making anything for me but hey the probe was safely landed on mars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great pattern. I think I'll have to make it for myself one day.

      Delete