Saturday, August 11, 2012

She Sews Seashells Down by the Seashore


With the leftover fabric from this dress,  I decided to make myself a maxi skirt.  I bought a simple black maxi last winter and it is probably the most comfortable thing I have ever worn.  For a while now, I've been wanting to knock it off, and that is exactly what I did!  I used the skirt to make a pattern and now I can make a million replicas if I want.  Hooray!

The skirt is only 2 pattern pieces because the front and back are the same and the fold-over waistband is made with just two slightly trapezoidal rectangles.

This skirt was one of the fastest things I've ever made.  It seriously sewed up in about a half hr.  I started before dinner, ate yummy mediterranean food and drank too much wine and then serged on the waistband when we got home.  So easy a tipsy person could do it!

I waited a week to photograph it because I wanted to do it on location and just didn't have the time or energy to do it before now.  After work, my brain is fried.  I get up around 6am every morning and by 9:30 or 10pm I crash.  I've only been doing little sewing projects like this on the weekends.


Thanks to the Boyfriend for going to the beach with me for literally 5 minutes!  We couldn't find a parking space and parked illegally just to get these pictures.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Going to the trouble to take this picture is priceless, no parking and all. Just the right setting for your truly beautiful beachy skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the summer maxi and yours is no exception. The fabric is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute skirt for walking on the beach. Or, sitting by the pool with a drink that has an umbrella in it. Or going to the movies, or dinner, or whatever. Adorable. Oh, and yes, kudos to the boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete