Imagine this dress with contrasting piping, cute huh? Or contrasting topstitching.... My original idea, which I backed off on because of time constraints was ruched side panels. I decided that since I didn't have time to make a muslin, it wasn't worth trying...and possibly failing.
So now for the dress. The pictures were taken with my horrible phone camera.. Very blurry, but you get the idea. I'm so NOT Happy with my sewing. Sewing all those curved seams in a very very very stretch cotton sateen was a pain in the ass. I thought it would be easier. Next time, I'll use a wool crepe. My corner seams (I used my tutorial!) were beauteous! My first invisible zipper in a year and a half (inserted at 2am) was pretty damn good. My facing was great....the hem awesome! BUT THOSE CURVED SEAMS RUINED THE DRESS! And it wouldn't press well...And I think in my haste I cut a panel off grain. Ugg, so much to hate....When I finally make my own sloper, I'm making myself this dress.
So yea, not too happy, but elements of it were good. And I got an A on both the pattern and the dress. I thought I deserved a B, but I'll take an A.
Next up, the plaid dress lining pictures, and the Valentino Bustier....