Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Sewing Books? Suggestions?

I received a Barnes and Noble gift card for Xmas this year and decided to finally spend it on sewing/pattern books.  I was thinking about getting these books:


9897163.jpg






I'm actually trying to decide between the Shaeffer and the Betzina books.  I know they are different and I want to get the most bang for my buck.  You know what I mean? Also, is there a better Shirtmaking book?   I'm definitely getting the Pattern Magic book though.  I've been all giddy about pattern drafting since my first class yesterday.  

Any other suggestions would be AWESOME too.  :)

And as always, a thanks to my new followers:  Shadow and Call Me Su!

Thanks!

Yea...we cuddle. No, she's not suffocating.


3 comments:

  1. I have both the Betzina book and the Shaffer book and like them both very much; however, the Betzina book has provided so much more help to me. It has step by step pictures on construction. I really should pull the Shaffer book down more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for David Page Coffin's Shirtmaking ... I checked it out of my local library, and have it on my "must-buy" list. If you are going to sew a mens' shirt, this book is at least a must-read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the last two and covet the first one...that probably doesn't help. I second the David Coffin shirt book, tho. It's a lifesaver if you're interested in that level of tailoring.

    I buy everything Sandra Betzina publishes. That woman is a sewing TREASURE. Her latest books (Power Sewing Toolbox) are only $40, but if you had to pick one book, I'd go with "Power Sewing". I reference that more often than any other sewing book. Happy reading! And sewing!

    ReplyDelete