FIDM = Sleepless Nights
I don't think I've ever had this much homework. I finished my draped bias dress. I draped the dress, transferred to dot paper, made a muslin, adjusted my paper pattern, and then cut and sewed the final in this lovely pink seersucker (oozing sarcasm). FIDM gives us
all most of our supplies at the beginning of the quarter and this fabric is what we got.
Here's a sneak peak (probably the only peak) at my final draped bias slip dress:
I'm almost done, just have the hem left and I have to sew it by hand. I'm definitely an over-achiever. I made all that spaghetti bias tubing and hand sewed it on to the dress tonight. My fingers are quite sore. The tubing took forever to turn and required some serious strength. I have short nails, but I split one and broke two more. I suffer for my craft. The hand sewing started off slow, but it definitely picked up once I figured out what I was going to do.
I'd show the rest of the dress, but its on my mom's dressform and it doesn't quite fit. It looks much better on the school dressforms.
If you want a tutorial on making spaghetti straps or working with bias binding, let me know. I have samples for class to sew and I could take step by step photos.
I hope you all are sewing for fun, not for grades :)