Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cardiwraps Again?!?!

I made another one...for my sister this time.  The pattern and style is getting old, but oh well. Simplicity 2603 if any of you care to make one.  Everyone probably already has....two years ago.   I don't think my sister reads the blog so I'll post pictures of it now instead of after xmas.  My mom is the model :)

The front.

front again.

the back.  and yes, those are a vintage ceramic flamingo, a tea cup, and a pine cone  on my end table.

I made this pattern a couple of years ago for myself and the wrap is pretty much dead now. Also made two for my mom for the last 2 Xmases.  She wears them all the time.  Then I made a vest version here.
For some reason, this time the sleeves grew.  It's probably just the fabric I used, but they are super long.  You have to roll up the cuff.

Here's the pattern review:


Pattern Description:

Misses knit top and cardi wrap with front variations

Pattern Sizing:

xs-m, I made the M this time.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Very, very easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love how easy the pattern is to make up. I hate that it is a fabric hog.

Fabric Used:
Drapey, poly knit.  I'm not sure what the fabric is.  It is very stretchy, but not slinky.  It rolled like crazy.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

The sleeves were really long for some reason. I've made this variation before, and the sleeves have never been this long. Maybe I cut it out wrong. Oh well.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Maybe one more time for myself. I made the first for myself a couple years ago? and it has been worn to death.   I've made a ton as gifts.

Conclusion:

Easy to make and wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment