Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Vogue 1151 Silver Knit Dress!

I have been diligently taking pictures (well having the Boyfriend take them) and posting to Burdastyle and PatternReview. I also started using Flickr to store my pictures. Here is the completed Vogue dress:




I love this Cynthia Steffe pattern. If the dress wasn't so trendy, I would make it again. It was very fun to construct, and not that difficult. I also used an amazing piece of fabric that I got for $1/yard. Although it was polyester, it sewed up wonderfully.

Pattern Description:

MISSES' DRESS: Tapered, close-fitting dress, above mid-knee has slightly raised waist, princess seams, cut-a-way armholes, two-piece bias, turned back collar and exposed back zipper.

Pattern Sizing:

AA(6-8-10-12), EE(14-16-18-20)
I made a size 10 in bust and graded to an 8. I ended up taking out a lot at the side seams so I ended up probably with an 8 in the bust and a 6 in the waist and hips. I like my knits clingy.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes! Better than I expected.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

For more pictures check out my blog!

This was my first Vogue other than a scarf pattern. They were very easy to understand.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love everything!

Fabric Used:

A silver very stable polyester knit. A dream to sew!

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

As I said before, I took a lot out at the side seams and had to grade it in quite a lot at the waist and hips. I wasn't quite happy with the zipper at the bottom so I pickstitched it on the outside starting a few inches from the bottom and it laid perfectly after that.

And here's the back:

The hem:



And a closeup of the front princess seams and collar:





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this dress - you look adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! I loved your dress enough I even sewed my version in gray :-)

    ReplyDelete